Gammies Groundcare Forfar (Part of A. M. Phillip) is recruiting for a Parts Sales Advisor for our busy parts department.
The role is office based and we would prefer someone with knowledge and experience in the ordering of parts, client customer service, allocation of items to the shop floor and a good understanding of the whole stores/parts department environment, but may consider someone finishing or finished further education who is hard working, has a good memory, a basic mechanical knowledge and a willingness to learn new skills and establish a career in this environment.
Areas of responsibility:
* Meeting and greeting customers coming into the Parts department
* Dealing with customer’s enquiries and request via telephone
* Ordering, booking out parts, invoicing and taking payment
* Checking in parts deliveries
* Managing parts stock
* Building & Maintaining supplier relationships
* Assisting the health-check process
* Liaising with the Workshop, Service Advisors and Customers
* Providing quotations
Candidates must be smartly presented, have excellent customer skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. A strong sales aptitude is important for this role. Previous recent experience as a Parts Advisor role in the Horticultural or Agricultural Machinery industry preferred but as previously stated we may consider someone if they fit the above mentioned criteria.
* Previous parts department's experience preferred
* Excellent organisational skills
* Customer Service skills.
* IT literacy
* Strong understanding of a Mechanical/Automotive environment.
Manufacturer training will be given to the right candidate.
Successful applicants will enjoy excellent working conditions as well as a competitive remuneration package.
If you feel you have the right level of commitment and drive to deliver the highest level of service to our customers please apply in writing or e-mail your CV to
Les Gammie, Gammies Groundcare, Station Yard, Carseview Road, Forfar DD8 3BT